I was born to be a teacher and to spend my time helping young minds to discover and understand the world inside and out. I am scientifically curious and fascinated with life and very enthusiastic about exchanging knowledge in any possible form.
I was born in Romania, and my favorite thing to do growing up was reading classic literature and philosophy – that is what no internet and no good TV shows do to some people! In 7th grade, I became fascinated with Human Anatomy and Physiology, and soon after I decided to become a medical doctor, a dream that I have achieved by the age of 25. Though I had my mindset to be an MD, I have been teaching before, during, and after Med School, without thinking much about it but enjoying every minute of it. My Masters of Arts in Counseling that I finished in 2007, only helped me understand better my students and their needs. My whole life revolved around science and working with children in one way or another. I decided to materialize my love and understanding of young minds with a Master of Arts in Teaching at GSU after I was accepted as a Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellow, a fellowship that supported me to have a better understanding of urban schools in Atlanta. Don’t be surprised if you see me smiling that is my way of saying: I SEE YOU, I HEAR YOU, I AM HERE FOR YOU!
As for my personal life, I am the proud single mother of two wonderful young adult daughters and the owner of a Life Coaching Practice. I love to watch movies, read, have coffee and meals with my friends, and be as much as I can in nature. I am an introvert who loves to be around kind people and who will never stop learning.
Continuous learning and professional development:
- GSU Portfolio
- 2018 MUREP Educator Institute 1, Texas State University Educator Professional Development (EPD), Kennedy Space Center, FL
- 2018 Technology Drives Exploration: Integrating NASA Based Digital Content in Your Classroom, Texas State University Educator Professional Development (EPD)Kennedy Space Center, FL
- 2018 IB DP/CP Workshop Chemistry Category 1, Atlanta, GA
- 2018-2019 Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate- Serving Gifted Students in High School, APS, Atlanta, GA
- 2019 MYP Science Workshop, Atlanta, GA
- 2019 IB DP/CP Workshop Chemistry Category 2, St. Petersburg, FL
- 2019-2020 Gifted In-Field Endorsement, APS, Atlanta, GA
- 2020 Trauma-Informed Mindfulness for Teens, Center for Adolescent Studies, Oakland, CA
- 2022 Trauma 101: Understanding the Impact of Trauma on Children, School of Social Work Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- 2022 Using Mindfulness To Support Substance-Using Adolescents & Young Adults, Center for Adolescent Studies, Oakland, CA
Dr. Monica Cooper
801 Glenwood Avenue SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
FOR STUDENTS ONLY -Remind app:
Honors Chemistry and Chemistry (2022-2023) send a text to 81010 with the message@habhe4
FOR PARENTS ONLY – Google Voice: